Tuesday, January 7, 2014

DIY Jewelry Stand from Terracota Pots

I am lovin' this fun, new and easy jewelry stand from simple terra cotta pots!
Before I show you exactly how I put this whole thing together, look at some of the other great uses:
I painted some of the acorns to match my fall decor.
Or how about some rocks and coffee beans. Oh the aroma!
But my favorite is for earrings, necklaces, bracelets and watches. 
It's so nice to be able to slip things off and add them to my colorful display!
So now I'll show you how I did it!
 I bought three terra cotta plates at Lowes
 and three coordinating pots.
 I used Gorilla glue to adhere them together. I decided not to use the little pot in the end.
 After the glue was dry I painted out the whole thing with some craft paints
(you know the kind in the little bottle!)
I used some a glaze I had mixed up a million years ago, called Tobacco Stain.
I rubbed it all over the pots and plates.
I love the finished look. 
This was such a easy project and it look absolutely adorable with all my jewelry on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...