Friday, October 26, 2012

Men's Necktie Bracelet

I pinned it. Then made it.
After raiding my husband's tie collection (who wears ties anymore?!) 
 I crafted up a couple necktie bracelets in less than an hour with just a few supplies I had on hand.
Of course you'll need to start with a tie. I chose four ties that 
1) I knew Ben wouldn't wear anymore 
2) Something that would be a great compliment to my wardrobe.
In addition to a tie, you'll need something like an empty yogurt container. 
This is to put inside the tie to make the bracelet stiff. 
Grab some needle & thread, a button to match the tie and a metal snap.In order to get the right size for my wrist I did a rough measurement 
by wraping the tie around my wrist. 
For the purpose of this project, we are using the skinny side of the tie. 
Cut the tie to the measured length.
Cut the yogurt container into a strip that will fit inside the skinny side of the tie.
Oh, but save the other side. Maybe we'll figure out something to do with it!
I was able to get four strips out of this one container.
You may need to do a little trimming after you get the whole thing apart.
Insert the plastic strip into the tie.
Hand stitch up the end.
Hand sew on a snap.
And there you have it!
How cute and easy is that?!
Now go raid your husband's closet and see what you can do!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE! I also love your nail color! Care to share the brand/color with us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I can not find that nail color anymore! I think a little tweenager borrowed it and forgot to return it! Anyway, I know it was the new Revlon Color stay at it's like a very light lilac.

      Delete
  2. Hi! Stopping in to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-6.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! I love projects made out of ties. Have made a few but may need to try one more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have huge collection of bracelets. All one are look beautiful. Like your blog. I am providing Electronic access control to peoples. Jaybe Lock Smith company provides you experts are ready for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You introduce the best project. You design the beautiful men necktie bracelet in different design. We can made at home. Moreover, The garage door repair CT present the best and valuable garage door repairing work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks fro sharing this beautiful bracelet with us. You try to gloom our personality. Thank you.
    Digital marketing company in Dubai latest tech News Website Link

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...