Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I ♥ Michigan

I've spent my summer on the shores of Lake Michigan.
To honor my love for my second home I created a little piece of art work for the cottage.
I started out with a plain canvas, you guessed it:Hobby Lobby! 
$4.99-but I bought it when the canvases were on sale, of course!
 Americana Baby Blue, .79
 Painted the whole canvas including the sides.
 Cut out the state of Michigan from my Silhouette.
 Added a little blue tape to keep it from going anywhere.
 And gave it a couple coats of a Lake Michigan Blue.
 Using my ruler, I made a little "dot" with white paint every 1"
 
To complete the look I printed out a little red heart 
and added it to my favorite place in the state of Michigan.
 I ♥ Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...