Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chevron Frame & Welcome Pennant

I'm loving Chevron stripes and pennant flags. I decided to combine the two together!
 I started with a wood frame and painted it white.
I created a stencil with evenly spaced Chevron stripes
and then I taped it onto my frame.
I chose a bright summer yellow and painted the Chevron stripes.
Some of the paint bled through, but that was easy to touch up.
I cut out some letters
(from my Silhouette, but you could use stickers as well)
I found some fun bright scrapbook paper and cut out little pennants.
After adhering the letters to the flags, I mod-podged both sides of the pennant.
And then attached them to a ribbon.
I used a couple little Stampin' Up clips to hold the ribbon.
Summer's here-party all the time!

8 comments:

  1. Love the color! Love the Chevrom and I love it on your door. Perfect!!!!
    Following you now.
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the yellow chevron:) I have something similar on my front doors right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Chevron is so fun!
    Visiting from TT&J :)

    www.chrissyandnathan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love anything chevron! I'd love it if you could share this idea at my link party! Simply Creations Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great project... love the colors - perfect for your door!!! I am glad that I followed your link from the Sundae Scoop Link Party, I too am linking up if you'd like to visit.
    Hugs, antonella
    My post: http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/06/filigree-friday-free-fathers-day-badges.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still can't believe our first party had over 300 links. I have a special give away planned for linkers this week.

    I would love it if you would grab the bacon time party button for your blog or add a link to the weekly party!

    Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SOOO cute - I love the yellow, the chevron, the pennants... everything is just gorgeous and so perfect for summer! : )

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...