Wednesday, October 27, 2010

P U M P K I N

I've gone crazy for Pumpkin!!!

I've been stocking up on canned pumpkin. 
I heard that last year stores ran out, so I've been buying a can every-time I grocery shop.
Last week I made, Pumpkin Muffins (two kinds!), Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Flapjacks, Pumpkin Milkshakes, Pumpkin Spice Muffins and Caramel Gingersnap Pumpkin Cheesecake. So thought I'd share my recipes with you!

Pumpkin Cheesecake has become a favorite among my friends. I must make it a half a dozen times each fall. 
 Pumpkin Cheesecake
1 (16oz) packaged pound cake
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
3 large eggs
2 Tb butter, melted
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 (15oz) can pumpkin
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp salt

Combine the cake mix, 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, 1 egg, and butter in a large mixing bowl; beat at low speed with an electric mixer until crumbly. Press mixture into a greased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.

Beat softened cream cheese at medium speed until creamy. Add remaining 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, remaining 2 eggs, pumpkin, condensed milk and salt; beat until blender. Pour over cake mix mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely in a pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill. Cut into squares.

These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are Super Simple and SO yummy!
Pumpkin Muffins
1 box of Spice Cake
1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup chocolate or cinnamon chips

Mix it all together, fill muffin cups and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. 

Pumpkin Muffins go really well with Pumpkin Milkshakes. The ingredients are simply:
For our milkshakes we used 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1 cup of ice-cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice (or just cinnamon & nutmeg if you don't have pumpkin pie spice). 
We added some crushed Oreo to our milkshake, yummy!

Let's not forget about the Pumpkin Flapjacks!
and for this recipe go here.
And then there were the Pumpkin Spice Muffins. I made these for the ladies in my Bible study and individually wrapped them. It was to remind them that our God is sweet to us!  This recipe was from the Pioneer Woman, check out the recipe here

And last, but not least I made the most delicious but-impossible-to-get-out-of-the-pan Caramel Gingersnap Pumpkin Cheesecake by the Pioneer Woman (I forgot to take a picture & TPW wouldn't let me copy hers). If you decided to make this, I think I'd leave the caramel out on the crust portion and only add it to the top.The recipe is here.

Happy baking! I'd love to hear about the pumpkin things you like to make.


3 comments:

  1. You just made my mouth water.....yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, looks amazing! I've been stocking up on pumpkin, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to make scary "eyeball" cookies last week. I was channeling my inner crafty Chessa. And then I remembered that I have no inner crafty Chessa:( The cookies were terrible! I need to just move next door to you and learn by osmosis!!!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...